KEELINE Fall Protection Life Line
A wire based life line system providing fall arrest / restraint protection when working at height
LifeLine System for Safe Working at Height
KEELINE is a flexible, cost-effective solution for protecting those working at height, installed on roofs where guardrails are not suitable or where planning considerations require a virtually invisible fall protection solution. The KEELINE horizontal life line system provides continual, hands free protection for up to three users when used as fall arrest system.
The KEELINE system has been tested and complies with:
- EN 795:2012
- ANSI Z359
- CSA Z259
- AS/NZS 1891.2
- The Indonesian National Standard SNI 8603: 2018
- The Vietnam National Standard TCVN 8206:2019
Copies of certificates are available upon request.
The KEELINE horizontal life line is designed to provide safe access to any area of a roof by allowing workers to be permanently attached to the line at all times and be able to freely move around the roof surface. The KEELINE system utilises 8mm grade 316 stainless steel wire and allows spans of up to 12m between posts.
KEELINE is designed so that the traveller which connects the user to the systems simply glides over brackets, overcoming the need to detach from the life line.
KEELINE also incorporates PAS (Progressive Absorbing System). If the user falls, the shock absorbers, intermediate brackets and support posts will deploy and deform so that the loadings applied to the building’s structure is below 10Kn.
LifeLine Fall Protection Solution for All Types of Roofs
The KEELINE system has been tested and can be installed on a variety of roof types e.g. bitumen membrane roofs, standing seam and metal profile roofs using either "top fix" anchors or a "through fix" anchor POSTANKA where fixing to the main building structure is preferred.
KeeLine Life Line System Features and Benefits
- Continual, hands free fall protection
- Tested on a variety of roof types including membrane and metal profile roofs
- Suitable for rooftops, facades and overhead applications
- Progressive Absorbing System minimises shock loadings in the event of a fall
- Allows spans of up to 12m and 3 users
- Traveller allows users to detach and re-attach at any point on the system
- Conforms to EN 795 2012, CEN TS 16415:2013, ANSI Z359, CSA Z259, SNI 8603: 2018 and TCVN 8206:2019
- Designed for horizontal or overhead applications.
Design & Installation Service
Kee Safety offers technical support, design and installation service for all our products, including the KEELINE life line system. You may also be eligible for our free site survey.
Contact Our Fall Protection Specialists
Get in touch to get specific pricing information or help with planning your project.
KEELINE for Roofs
KEELINE is a wire-based horizontal lifeline system that has been designed to provide continuous fall protection. Fit for use in areas where guardrails are not suitable, the system allows roofers and contractors to safely work on the roof and provides a virtually invisible solution to carry out repairs, maintenance or inspection work. Installed as a permanent lifeline system, it offers uninterrupted access for up to three users across the whole roof, allowing them to freely move around the surface.
The KEELINE system is suitable for all modern roof types, including bitumen membrane roofs, as well as metal profile, standing seam and composite panel roofs.
KEELINE has been tested and complies to EN795 2012, ANSI Z359, CSA Z259 and AS/NZS 1891.2.
Typical KEELINE Lifeline System Layout
The drawing below shows a typical KEELINE system layout and fixing details, depending on a type of the roof.
KEELINE for Structures
The KEELINE lifeline system for Structures provides the horizontal lifeline components to allow mounting directly to concrete, steel, brick or stonework either in the horizontal or overhead application.
- 8mm dia horizontal life line system for fixing directly to suitable Steel, Concrete, Brick or Stone structures
- Primary components connecting to the cable are fabricated from 316 Grade Stainless Steel
- Up to 3 users
- Patented in-line shock absorber limits end loads to less than 10 kN
- Corner and intermediates bracket options allows system to follow structures shape
- Up to 12m spans between supports
- Removable Traveller easily passes corners and intermediate brackets for continuous protection and enables users to detach or re-attach at any point of the system
- Conforms with EN 795 Class C
The Kee Safety's POSTANKA anchors range offers an alternative fixing method for example when the roof structure is unsuitable for KEELINE Top Fix anchors. Our POSTANKA range of fabricated, hot dip galvanised anchors are designed using a standard calculation program to the requirements of EN795 Class 2.
POSTANKA posts are used where is preferable to mount directly to a building structure, e.g. on traditional sloping roofs or onto concrete roof decks, e.g. on green roofs.
POSTANKA anchors are available in standard sizes but are more typically designed to suit customer’s specific application.
The video below presents our POSTANKA anchor used with the KEELINE lifeline system.
POSTANKA anchors are available in two styles.
Type 3 Postanka
Designed to clamp around either suitable wooden or steel beams and features a solid adjustable height pedestal.
Type 6 Postanka
A solid central pedestal welded to a 15mm thick base plate. Available with multiple fixing options.
As the POSTANKA range can be designed to suit a particular application, anchors can be produced for mounting other products for example KEE WALK or solar panels.
KEELINE Overhead provides personal fall protection, either fall arrest or restraint, for up to three users. Used where it is beneficial to have the life line system mounted directly above the user including vehicle loading, machine maintenance and access, building maintenance and cleaning and overhead crane access.
The KEELINE Overhead features a permanently attached two wheeled traveller which passes smoothly over the intermediate brackets, even when the user is attached to a fully extended inertia reel.
The system can be configured to allow single or multiple spans of up to 30m in between supports and is designed with a higher pre-tension than the standard KEELINE system to reduce line sag and cable deflection. The system’s in-line shock absorber minimises the end loads back to the supporting structure.
A grade 316 stainless steel wire and electro-polished components ensure a low maintenance and durable system.
Features and Benefits of the KEELINE Overhead System
- Higher pre-tension than standard KEELINE systems reduces sag and cable deflection
- Independently tested by Satra to the requirements of EN795 Type C
- Supports multiple users
- Durable electro-polished grade 316 stainless steel brackets and traveller
- Meets the requirements of international standards
- Permanently attached, grade 316 stainless steel, smooth running two wheeled traveller easily passes intermediate brackets
- KEELINE in-line shock absorber limits end loads to structure
- Suitable for single or multiple span systems
- Spans up to 30m in between supports
- End and intermediate brackets are installed directly to suitable structures, including steel or concrete